Sunday, February 21, 2010

Carnival!

So here is a quick update with pictures. Last weekend, we went to Carnival in Cadiz. It is supposedly the second largest Carnival in the world after Rio. The logistics were as follows: we met these people after school and gave them 15 Euro. They told us where to meet them. We got on a bus at 6pm on saturday night. We drove to Cadiz and got off the bus. Then we met the bus at the same spot at 6 am. Then drove home to Cordoba and got home at about 9:30. Along with the freezing temperature and the amount of urine on the streets, its hard to believe that this was a great time, but it was so much fun! Did I mention it involved costumes?


History among all the craziness


Atlantic Ocean
Zorro! (and Andrew)
"If my music makes you feel bad, you can vomit here."

They had different lights on every street. I think these were my favorite.
Two of the boys from my program who dressed up like a Matador and a Torro!

Before we got off the bus, I was dressed as Alice in Wonderland but it was so cold I didn't really take off my jacket and you couldn't really tell.


It was a great time and we all slept all of Sunday after we got back!

1 comment: